Skip to main content
Bank Secrecy Act
IRAs and HSAs
Professional Development & Management
Safe Deposit Box
Teller & Front Line
BSA Training Series 2017
BSA Staff Training 2017
Do's and Don'ts 2017
IRA & HSA Training Series 2017
New Accounts Series 2017
Teller Series 2017
Credit Union Corner
Who We Are
Continuing Education Credits
What is a Webinar?
20 Legal Account Ownerships, Titles, Sample Signature Cards and Legal Documentation
Webinar | 1 1/2 Hours | CE Credits: 2.0
This program is an A-Z on account ownership and documentation. We'll go from single party accounts to more complex business accounts. It is a must for anyone who opens or manages new accounts. Your financial institution's signature card, documentation and authority procedures can create big liability if you don't understand the type of ownership and the checks that go with these accounts.
• How to open and document personal accounts, fiduciary accounts and business accounts
• How setting up accounts improperly can create liability for your financial institution
• Creating consistency in your organization on how accounts are opened
• Signature card danger zones and what can go wrong
• How CIF systems can create errors in ownership and signature card conflicts
• How to add owners, make changes and other issues after the account is opened
• How to follow the authority trail established in the paperwork
• What can attorneys-in-fact do and not do on individual accounts
• How to change business account signers and owners
• And much, much more...
Who Should Attend
New accounts representatives, call service representatives, branch managers, assistant branch managers, branch administration, deposit operations, BSA CIP personnel, training and anyone who works with or manages the new account function.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor's and master's degrees from Louisiana State University. She has over 30 years of combined teaching and banking experience.
IRA Update and Review
Alert! Regulation CC Proposed Amendments
Alert! New SAR Line-by-Line
Opening Accounts for Nonresident Aliens
Reg CC: Checks and Holds
BSA Exam Hot Spots
IRA Distributions: Premature, 70 1/2 and Death