Skip to main content
Alert! IRA Changes effective January 1, 2020
IRA Handbook Has all updated information on the new Secure Act! Reserve your copy now!
On Dec. 20, the President signed the Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement Act (SECURE Act), it has many changes to retirement plans and this one-hour update will cover the Individual Retirement Changes! The age of 70 ½ has now been changed to 72 for distributions for Traditional IRAs. The inherited IRA has been changed from the “stretch” of a beneficiary’s life expectancy to 10 years.
· Certain taxable non-tuition fellowship and stipend payments treated as compensation for IRA purposes.
· Repeal of maximum age for traditional IRA contributions
· Penalty-free withdrawals from retirement plans for individuals in case of birth of child or adoption
· Increase in age for required beginning date for mandatory distributions to 72
· Changed the Qualified Charitable Distribution to 72
· Modification of required distribution rules for designated beneficiaries.
· Increase in penalty for failure to file.
· And IRS proposed new life expectancy tables
Deposit Compliance Issues Handbook
New Accounts Handbook: Account Documentation and Procedures
Currency Transaction Report Handbook
Identification and Tax Identification Number Handbook
Health Savings Accounts Handbook